In are haste to rush to the internets top site, Facebook, we as network marketers have forgotten about the inbound network marketing tools that Google provides us. Its not that we don’t know or about them (or maybe it is), its that at times we get tunnel vision and fail to realize that there are other games in town that we need to be prepared to explore when we have come to master the method we are currently employing.
What is inbound network marketing?
First, I believe that I owe you an explanation of what I mean by the term inbound network marketing. As you may or may not have been aware of, traditional marketing techniques of network marketing have hit the back burner, thus resulting in the establishment of a stale an ineffective method of reaching consumers. As a result of this change in the marketing environment, you need to shift your focus to to attract people who are actively searching for your product online. This is where inbound network marketing comes in to play.
Inbound network marketing describes the challenges your customers are facing on a day to day basis, and what types of solutions to their problems that they are looking for. I know you have heard this before from the “guru’s,” they have all told you that you need to solve people’s problems, provide them solutions. Inbound network marketing as a result takes advantage of the way people communicate on the internet and conduct research. You as a business owner need to take advantage of this and tap into search engines, blogs, and social networks to provide answers where your target audience is searching.
Google tools for marketing.
1) Google Adwords: So we all know that Google PPC is probably the one advertising system that can make you loose your shirt in about .03 seconds if you don’t know what your doing. But, if you take the time to learn this tool, you can bank everyday. To be simple in my description to those that are unclear, this tool allows you to create ads and target specific keywords. As people search those keywords, the ads appear in the search results or on other people’s websites as part of their display services. I want to warn you again, but not scare you off, Google Adwords costs can get out of control if you don’t know what your doing so buy a course and at the very least read their step-by-step guide.
2) Google Documents for inbound network marketing are awesome because you can use it to interact with your customers or prospects. This service will provide you with free online documents that can be accessed from anywhere and the most powerful option is that they can be shared with your team and edited by them as well if you wish. Think of the possibilities this presents if you working together to promote the same company or funded proposal, you can collaborate on ads, techniques etc. etc.
3) Google Keyword Tool: I probably should have started off with this tool because keyword research is the most misunderstood aspect of marketing online, and it is the most important if your doing search engine marketing. On a site like mine, this really isn’t a big deal for the site itself, but if I was targeting my company, the Numis Network, then keyword research becomes very important. I could do a whole training on keyword research so I won’t delve into it right now, but don’t ignore this tool.
4) Google Alerts is a free tool used by marketers to monitor brand names, industry terms, or your competitors website. Play with this one, I use it to monitor technology news to keep abreast on the latest news. Plug in your companies name into a Google alerts and you can stay up to date on what other people are saying about your company.
5) Google News for inbound network marketing is yet another whole training in and of itself. My recommendation is to daily, do a search for your company. Find out the latest news about it or network marketing as an industry, doing this will provide you some great content to write about.
6) Google reader is a free tool that helps you stay up to date with what’s going on in your industry. It’s a great tool for coming up with content ideas and engaging with your community in industry related conversations. Use Google reader to subscribe to your favorite blogs rss feeds and instead of running all over the net, they are all in one place.
7) Google Places should be used by you to get your business found on local search results on both Google search results and Google Maps. This will increase your visibility, get you more traffic and best of all its a free traffic source.
8) And finally I am going to end with Google +, here is my Google Plus Profile, and this service is Google’s attempt to answer the popularity of Facebook. Its a new social network that can drive traffic to your site via social media and search engine traffic. As of the last time I checked, Google+ is missing a business pages feature, but as I understand the information coming out of Google HQ this option is slowly going to become available.
Ok, so I know there a lot of tools that I detailed to you, but don’t get crazy and think that you need to get all of them employed right this very moment. If your doing Facebook marketing are your primary method stick with it, don’t let your inbound network marketing efforts get sidetracked.
But remember that Google is offering some great free inbound network marketing tools that you can employ and overcome that number one object we hear everyday and we ourselves use, I can’t afford to buy the tools to get started.
P.S. If You Need A System to Help You Get in Front of More Prospects (and even profit from people that DON’T want to Join. Click Here to See What I Mean